Published in 2013, Agile Reflections is a compilation of select blog posts from both PM Times and BA Times from 2009 thru 2012. All have been re-edited and updated. A few have been combined. And there are a couple of new entries that provide more cohesive coverage of the books' themes.
Scrum Product Ownership
In 2009, the 1'st Edition of SPO was literally the first book to focus pragmatically on the role of the Scrum Product Owner. The 2'nd Edition, published in 2013, builds on that success. It contains updated lessons in every chapter and a renewed focus on Agile at Scale.
Published in 2004, Software Endgames was unique in it's focus on how to finish projects (well) as opposed to how to start them. Key topics include goal-setting, defect workflows & triage, and metrics.
You can also get e-copies of it here.
Our downloads page contains articles, presentations, and other content that we make freely available to our clients, colleagues, and friends. In order to access it, you'll need to join our mailing list. That will sign you up for our (roughly) monthly newsletter and provide access to Downloads.
All of your personal information is kept private AND we promise not to SPAM you with marketing updates.
Bob actively posts on two web portals and x-posts on several others. He's a principal contributor to:
but will also be actively blogging on this website as well. You can see additional x-posts here:
- Matrix Resources blog
- Executive Brief
- SearchSoftwareQuality / TechTarget articles
- InfoQ article representing my Sprint Review blog post
Video Clips & Webinars
- TechTarget brief interview
- SmartBear - Blog interview on "creativity" in testing
- Practices of a Great Product Owner: part 1, part 2, and part 3
- My 2011 Keynote on the Essential Product Owner for SQE - Agile Development Practices
- InfoQ chat about Scrum Product Ownership at Agile 2010 Conference
- EuroSTAR - several webinars I've done for the conference team
- AgileTV interview focused on Agile Testing
- cPrime webinars page (as of September 2013, 3 webinars posted)
Josh Anderson and Bob have been recording a fairly regularly scheduled Agile topics podcast for a number of years. They call it the Meta-Cast and have a lot of fun exchanging ideas and telling stories around the agile methods, teams, and adoption. Sharing what "good Agile" looks like from their perspectives. As of January 2014, there were 50+ pod-casts available.
They hope you take the time to join them...on the Meta-Cast...
Musings Toward Becoming “Seriously Agile” in Software Development
You can purchase Agile Reflections on Createspace, with a $10 introductory discount. The discount code is: MFD648JY and you can purchase it here.
At the moment, you can get iterative e-copies on Leanpub. Leanpub is a website that fosters collaboration and iterative development of books by authors and interested buyers. The text is complete on Leanpub, but it won't have the formatting polish of the epublished book.
Regardless of where you get it, Agile Reflections is sure to provide additional insights towards improving your personal, team, and organizational agile transformation.
Scrum Product Ownership
Balancing Value from the Inside Out
Second Edition Now Available!
Virtually every chapter in the first edition was changed with an eye towards learning and Scrum adaptation from 2009 to 2012. The following core changes were made:
- A new organization into 4 topic sections
- Virtually every chapter was updated in some way
- A new chapter focused on Agile Chartering
- Several updated and new chapters focused on Agile / Scrum scaling and the implications to Product Ownership
- Many new real-world stories
- Updates on running effective Sprint Reviews
- An entirely updated appendix section and a full index
You can purchase Scrum Product Ownership, 2'nd Edition on Createspace here.
And if you're looking for a PDF copy, you can purchase it here for $9.95 --