Have you ever entered a Sprint taking on a User Story that you later regretted? For example:
- One that you should have broken down a wee bit more?
- Or one where the team had not a “snowball’s clue” how to technically implement?
- Or one where the value wasn’t clear from a business perspective?
- Or one where the estimate and the reality were not equal?
- Or one that, when you got it “Done”, you weren’t quite sure how to determine that it was done?
I’m guessing, of course you have. I encounter these scenes in teams I’m coaching all the time. And truth be told, it’s not a terrible event. Teams make mistakes…all the time. And they usually learn from them.